Swansea Harriers

Founded: 1962

Identity Code: SH

HQ: Swansea University Athletic Centre, Swansea, SA2 8QB

In 1955, Cockett Boy’s Club was formed by local teacher Mansel Lovering. In 1961, Cockett AC, a section of Cockett Boys Club became affiliated to the Welsh Amateur Athletic Association.

The club had a grass track marked for the summer months at Ashleigh Road adjacent to The Mumbles Road.  On the 3rd  November 1962, Cockett AC changed their name to Swansea Harriers AC.

Swansea joined the BAL in 1971.

The Harriers were voted “UK Athletics Club of the Year” in 2009.

World, European and Commonwealth champion Dai Greene is a member.

Colours: White with two emerald green hoops

Website: www.swanseaharriers.co.uk