The Loughborough International Athletics meeting (LIA) is one of the premier early season events which will take place on Sunday 21st May 2023. The meeting sees teams from Loughborough University, Great Britain and Northern Ireland Under 20’s, England Athletics, Scottish Athletics, Welsh Athletics, British Universities and the National Athletic League compete. International standard fields raise performance levels and provide a stepping stone for athletes with international aspirations.
The match is held at the Paula Radcliffe Stadium. Loughborough University
National Athletic League selection is linked to performances at NAL League fixtures in the previous league season and the NAL May fixture. To be considered for selection for NAL Representative Team, athletes must satisfy the following:
- Competed in one fixture during the 2022 NAL season.
- Either first claim athlete or Higher Competition athlete from one of the NAL member clubs,
- Confirmation of seasonal pb through Power 10.
- Highest ranked available athlete based upon current form selected.
Wind-assisted performances (or performance achieved at events where wind measurement was not available) for events held completely in a stadium will not be accepted.
Hand-timed performances in 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 100m/110m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles and 4 x100m relay will not be accepted.
The selection team comprises three voting members, Team Leader and two Team Managers with League Secretary as non voting adjudicator.
- The team will be selected at a selection meeting held on Monday 8th May 2023.
- A maximum of one athlete may be selected in each individual event.
- The number of athletes selected for each relay will be at the discretion of the Panel
- If more athletes satisfy all of the criteria than there are places available, athletes will be selected based on the Panel’s consideration of a combination of the following criteria (which are not listed in priority order) as well as any other factors that may be deemed relevant:
i. Current form
ii. NAL ranking
iv. Injury status
- Should any selections be unable or unwilling to take up their places(s), place(s) will be offered by default to the next best placed eligible athlete(s).
The Team Leader, at his/her sole discretion, may select additional individual athletes to the team following the selection meeting
Confirmation of NAL Team
The Team Leader to notify all selected athletes by email and post the selections on the NAL website after the selection meeting scheduled.
Confirmation of Team Staff
The following positions will be confirmed by the Panel following the selection of the athletes:
- Team Leader
- Team Managers
- Team Admin Officers
There shall be no right of appeal to the selection of the NAL Team made by the Panel.
In the event that an athlete sustains an injury following acceptance of their position on the team, they are required to inform the Team Leader immediately.
National Athletics League reserves the right to amend this Selection Policy at its sole discretion and will make any amended version publicly available (including the date on which the amendment was made) at www.nationalathleticsleague.org.uk.
If you are interested in competing at Loughborough, please fill out the form on this page.
For any queries on this subject, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org