This document aims to ensure the selection process is clear and transparent to everyone.
To be considered for selection for NAL Representative Team, athletes must satisfy the following:
a. be eligible to compete for a National Athletic League member club.
b. competed in either Match One of the current season’s National Athletic League fixtures or Match Three /Four from the previous season.
c. competed current or previous season in the event in which they wish to be selected.
Wind-assisted performances (or performance achieved at events where wind measurement was not available) for events held completely in a stadium will not be accepted.
Hand-timed performances in 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 100m/110m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles and 4 x100m relay will not be accepted.
The selection team comprises of three members from the Board with independent Chair as adjudicator.
- The team will be selected at a selection meeting held after NAL match 3.
- A maximum of one athlete may be selected in each individual event.
- The number of athletes selected for each relay will be at the discretion of the Panel
- If more athletes satisfy all of the criteria than there are places available, athletes will be selected based on the Panel’s consideration of a combination of the following criteria (which are not listed in priority order) as well as any other factors that may be deemed relevant:
i. Current form
ii. Power of 10 ranking
iv. Injury status
- Should any selections be unable or unwilling to take up their places(s), place(s) will be offered by default to the next best placed eligible athlete(s).
The Team Leader, at his/her sole discretion, may select additional individual athletes to the team following the selection meeting
Confirmation of NAL Team
The Team Leader to notify all selected athletes by email and post the selections on the NAL website
Confirmation of Team Staff
The following positions will be confirmed by the Panel following the selection of the athletes:
- Team Leader
- Team Managers
- Team Coaches
- Team Physiotherapist
There shall be no right of appeal to the selection of the NAL Team made by the Panel.
In the event that an athlete sustains an injury following acceptance of their position on the team, they are required to inform the Team Leader immediately.
National Athletics League reserves the right to amend this Selection Policy at its sole discretion and will make any amended version publicly available (including the date on which the amendment was made) at www.nationalathleticsleague.org.uk.